When exporting data from SMART-TRIAL you have to choose which additional columns and rows you want in your export. This can be done by selecting the appropriate Export Headers, Export Attributes and Possibility Coding.
Determines which headers and labels will be used to identify the Data Events, Forms and Questions in the Export file.
When creating your export you can choose to use SMART-TRIAL export labels (E1_F3 _Q1) or your own labels (ScreeningVisit_Demographics _Weight) or both!
Use of Custom export labels require that Export labels are filled in for Data Events, Forms and Questions, if some are missing the SMART-TRIAL export label format will be used as default .To see, how go to Export Labels.
Here you also have to select whether Data legends shall be included or omitted in the export.
The Export Attributes drop down allows you to select which subject attributes or subject related attributes should be included in the export as columns coming before the study data. The following attributes can be selected: Site name, Archived and all Subject attributes selected during study setup. The presented subject attributes also depend on your permissions, as personal identifiable attributes will be hidden unless you have "View identifiable" for all sites.
Export allows for coded and uncoded (text answers) possibility data. Therefore, when creating an export you can now select whether you want Coded possibilities or you want Text possibilities.
- 5 level smiley scale - The choices will be denoted from 0-4, depending on the chosen answer.
- Checkbox - Will be denoted as ‘true’ if checked, or ‘false’ if not checked.
- Date - Date format can be specified on export level, if nothing is chosen the answer will by default be presented as the study date format.
- Date and time - The question will be divided into two separate questions, one for the date and one for the time. The date will be displayed as the study date format (unless another date format is chosen at data export level), and the time will be denoted as XX:XX.
- Duration - The duration will be denoted as a time in HH.MM format.
- Free text and Free text single sentence - Both will be displayed as text written in the answer.
- Image as Answer - Images are currently not exportable.
- File as Answer - The file name will be displayed in the export file.
- Multiple choice - Multiple choice question type only has one answer. The choices are denoted from 0-N, N being the last choice. So, there is a 4 in the export, it equates to the fifth choice available.
Multiple response - Multiple response question type can have multiple answers, this is done by listing all the possible answers to the question and then they are marked with either a 0 or 1. Here 0 means the answer was not selected and 1 means the answer was selected.
- Number - The number typed in the answer will be directly exported.
- Slider/VAS Scale - The slider/VAS scale is a visual representation of a slider where the subject chose a location depending on the question, the location represents a number, and the answer will be exported as a number.
- Specific Time - The time will be exported in the HH:MM format.
- Yes/No - Treated as a Boolean with 0 denoting No and 1 denoting yes.
- Calculated question - The calculated value will be directly exported.
- Information text - Information text serves as an information for the subject displayed during the fill out process, and is therefore not exported.
Using score forms
The score value of answers in a score form, are included in the export with their own "SCORE" field, right next to the question answer.
Using Text Possibilities most question types appears similar as when Coded Possibilities are selected for the Export, but a 4 question types differs.
- 5 level smiley scale - The choices will be denoted from Level 1-5, depending on the chosen answer.
- Yes/No - Yes in the system becomes Yes in the export, while No becomes No in the export.
- Multiple choice - Multiple choice question types only have one answer. The answer seen in the data input view will be the full text possibility in the export.
Multiple response - Multiple response question type can have multiple answers, this is done by listing all the possible answers to the question and then they are marked with the text possibilities seen in the data input view. Here .ns means the answer was not selected and the name of text possibility means the answer was selected.
Not answered questions:
In cases where not all questions are answered, one of the following answers are provided in the export file in order to specify the reason for the missing answer.
- .b - Not answered
- .c - Not answered due to cancellation of data event
- .d - Not answered due to discontinuing
- .e - Not answered due to exclusion from study
- .n - Marked as 'Answer not Available'
- .ns - Not selected
Questions hidden by show rules and thus not answered will be denoted as .b.
Can't find the answer you're looking for?
Don't hesitate to raise a support request via firstname.lastname@example.org.